Kia ora & greetings to you all
Hamilton East Methodist Parish welcomes you all to join us in our journey to know Christ and make him known
Our Worship Times
Our services will resume back to normal from Sunday the 26th of December this will be reviewed over time.
Thank you for your patience. Stay safe and God bless you all.
Sunday - 9:30am
English Service at St John's
Sunday - 11am
English Service at Wesley
Sunday - 1pm
Tongan Service at St John's
Sunday - 2:30pm
Fijian Service at Wesley
Please note - On the first Sunday of the month, we worship together for combined communion service - 9:30am at St John's
Welcome to the first day of March, with cooler nights and the warm sun.
Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday the beginning of the church liturgical season, Lent. The Ash Wednesday service is tomorrow at 7.00 pm, St John’s.
The church recalls the 40 days that Jesus spent fasting in the desert being tempted by the enemy, before beginning his ministry. We too have been challenged over the past 2 years of this pandemic. Many are recovering and suffering locally and worldwide, especially now since Russia has invaded Ukraine. May we remember them as we begin the Lenten Season and cry for peace.
Lent: a time for self-examination and repentance with prayer, fasting and meditating on the word of God ending in celebration, with Easter. We examine our lives and work to eliminate habits that distract us from the holy or begin habits that draw us closer to the Lord. May we turn our troubled hearts toward the divine, during this season of Lent.
Have mercy on me O God, according to your unfailing love.
According to your great compassion blot out my transgressions
Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:1-2
What will you do for Lent this year ?
Fast from food, meat, social media, drinking, chocolate ……….
or start praying daily, reading the word, attend a study group, call family members, help out with the community meal, a good deed daily…….
There are so many creative ways, that we can improve our lifestyles and draw closer to our creator God. Start small, we have 6 weeks. There are 6 Sundays in Lent, starting from March the 6th. Go well this Lenten Season!
Alisa & the Pastoral Care Team
Words of Encouragement
Parish Prayer Points
December 2021 - February 2022
As soon as you began to pray a word went out ,
which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed. Daniel 9:23
- For 2021 and the difficult year, thank you for your presence
- No matter what we go through in this world you are in control
- Christmas. The Christ Child and all that came to earth through him.
- Family and friends.
- Essential workers here in NZ and globally.
- Your healing power among us
- Prime Minister and her cabinet as they lead our country.
- 2022 and all that it brings. A new year!
- COVID victims & families.
- Comfort strength and peace for those who have lost loved ones.
- All churches as the new traffic light system is trialled.
- Those who are unwell / healing
- Afghanistan and NZs support.
- Caregivers & medical staff in the health sector.
- Prime Minister and her Government: righteousness &discernment,
- The General Secretary of the Methodist Church. Rev Tara Tautari.
- City of Hamilton Kirikiriroa - Mayor Paula Southgate and council.
- Local and National social services as they provide for the marginalised in our communities. MCA,
- Businesses suffering from Pandemic: hope
- Our Wednesday Community Meal at Wesley, bless the time together.
- All those in need, the abused, hungry, homeless and lonely.
- Our children and youth during the holiday season
- Those in prison, undergoing trials.
- Planning and wisdom for the Wesley Church Building.
God bless you as you lift these prayer requests to the throne
to you who choose to pray, our prayer warriors. We will continue to meet at the throne of grace.
Rev Alisa & Pastoral Care Team