Kia ora & greetings to you all
Hamilton East Methodist Parish welcomes you all to join us in our journey to know Christ and make him known
Our Worship Times
Praise God all our services are now back to normal.
Thank you for your patience. Stay safe and God bless you all.
Sunday - 9:30am
English Service at St John's
Sunday - 11am
English Service at Wesley
Sunday - 1pm
Tongan Service at St John's
Sunday - 2:30pm
Fijian Service at Wesley
On the first Sunday of the month, we worship together for combined communion service - 9:30am at St John's
This was hosted by our Hamilton East Methodist Parish on the closest Sunday to 24th May, which marks the remembrance of John Wesley’s “warming of the heart” experience. Very good numbers from throughout Hamilton, turned out to hear the President of the Methodist Church, Rev Andrew Doubleday, share practical and scriptural examples of “Providence.” God is still working in the world and in us as individuals.
The service began at 5.00 pm and the local St Johns, Tongan and Fijian Choirs participated. The enthused congregational singing was accompanied by John & Lynley Parker and the St Johns Brass band.
Our Parish Superintendent Rev Alisa Lasi led the service and contributions were offered by the Tongan Sunday school & Youth, Rev Shelley Walker ( Waikato Waiariki synod), Rev Alipate Livani (Superintendent of Wasewase ko Viti kei Rotuma), Te Papara Kopa -Katene,( Minita – a- Iwi Te Taha Maori o Te Haahi Weteriana o Aotearoa Waikato Rohe). Rev Dr Susan Thompson introduced the President.
Following the service in the adjoining hall, President Andrew blessed Mele and Maata Pouono, twin daughters ,who celebrated their 16th birthday. The gathering sung Happy Birthday to the girls then President Andrew, Synod leaders and all present, were treated to a wonderful feast by Mele and Maata’s famile. Malo Aupito!
Well done Parish, thank you to the many hands that lightened the load and to our children for their performances. Thank you to Mele and Maata’s family & Happy 16th Birthday to Mele and Maata.
Waikato Waiariki Synod Wesley Day Service in Hamilton Sunday 22nd May 2022
Parish Prayer Points
September - October 2022
As soon as you began to pray a word went out ,
which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed. Daniel 9:23
- For 2021 and the difficult year, thank you for your presence
- No matter what we go through in this world you are in control
- Christmas. The Christ Child and all that came to earth through him.
- Family and friends.
- Essential workers here in NZ and globally.
- Your healing power among us
- Prime Minister and her cabinet as they lead our country.
- 2022 and all that it brings. A new year!
- COVID victims & families.
- Comfort strength and peace for those who have lost loved ones.
- All churches as the new traffic light system is trialled.
- Those who are unwell / healing
- Afghanistan and NZs support.
- Caregivers & medical staff in the health sector.
- Prime Minister and her Government: righteousness &discernment,
- The General Secretary of the Methodist Church. Rev Tara Tautari.
- City of Hamilton Kirikiriroa - Mayor Paula Southgate and council.
- Local and National social services as they provide for the marginalised in our communities. MCA,
- Businesses suffering from Pandemic: hope
- Our Wednesday Community Meal at Wesley, bless the time together.
- All those in need, the abused, hungry, homeless and lonely.
- Our children and youth during the holiday season
- Those in prison, undergoing trials.
- Planning and wisdom for the Wesley Church Building.
God bless you as you lift these prayer requests to the throne
to you who choose to pray, our prayer warriors. We will continue to meet at the throne of grace.
Rev Alisa & Pastoral Care Team