Kia Ora, Malo 'e lelei,
Nisa Bula Vinaka &
Hamilton East Methodist Parish welcomes you all to join us
in our journey to know Christ and make Him known.
Sunday 24 October 2021 - Join us via Zoom from 9:30am
Please click here for the zoom link
Sunday Services Update: At this stage, our worship services will remain on zoom, until we move down to Level 1. This will also apply to large groups who use our facilities. This will continue to be reviewed overtime , currently level 3 is upon us . Thank you for your patience. Stay safe and God bless you all.
More information about the COVID-19 Alert Level restrictions
can be found on the COVID-19 NZ govt. website.
Words of Encouragement - OCTOBER
Then he said to me Son of Man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say “Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone we are cut off”. Therefore prophesy and say to them “this is what the sovereign Lord says: “My people I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them, I will bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you my people will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and when I bring you up from them. I will put my spirit in you and you will live and I will settle you in your own land.”
I tend to think that some of us are feeling the same with the disappointment of staying in Level 3. There is a part of us that wants to perhaps be buried and say that we have had enough. If we are feeling this way, forlorn and sad, de spirited then the Lord says” I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them. “
What areas in our lives are despondent feeling dead, like dry bones perished in hope and not wanting to be renewed? It is these areas that the Lord can “bring you up from.” The Lord can bring you up and out of the shadows.
Lord open my grave. Breathe upon my dry bones, my perished hope. Cause me to rise up from the grave and bring me into all that you have planned for me. Amen.
For those who would like to talk, catch up, or a listening ear, you can call me, Alisa 0211181774 or 07856 5783 or Amanda 021 027 02243. (Pastoral Care Convenor)
God bless you all this week. Stay safe & Kia kaha.
Alisa & the Pastoral Care Team.
Parish Prayer points
October - November 2021
Wednesday & Friday:
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Colossians 4:2-3
- New opportunities, to serve wherever we may be.
- Life and love to share with others.
- COVID vaccination rollout in NZ.
- Essential workers here in NZ and globally.
- Your continual presence and your healing.
- Prime Minister and her cabinet as they lead our country.
- Your word, is accessible to be read.
- Times to rest, be renewed and refreshed.
- COVID victims & families esp local cases in Hamilton and Raglan
- All Medical staff & volunteers, essential workers local & worldwide still dealing with pandemic
- Comfort strength and peace for those who have lost loved ones.
- Those we know that are unwell / healing
- “Rescuing Persecuted Christians” group as they apply for charitable status and their work.
- Empower and equip all preachers of your word to share your truth.
- Afghanistan and NZs support.
- Prime Minister and her Government serving and caring all NZers.
- Hamilton Prayer Breakfast- planning, advertising : unity in prayer
- Local and National social services as they provide for the marginalised in our community. MCA,
- Businesses suffering from Pandemic
- Our “Give and Take Sanctuary” be used efficiently and protected
- All those in need, the abused, hungry, homeless and lonely in Hamilton.
- Waikato, Waiariki Synod Super team. Margaret Birtles, Rev Alison Molineux &Viv Whimster.
- Those in prison, undergoing trials.
- Planning and wisdom for the Wesley Church Building.
- All the best to all our students preparing or sitting external exams as the year comes to an end
God bless you as you lift these prayer requests to the throne of Grace.
to you who choose to pray, our prayer warriors. We will continue to meet at the throne of grace.
Hamilton East Methodist Parish website
Proudly created by 'Amelia Takataka & Sera Toduadua with wix.com